Elec-Tron of Wichita, Kansas has been proudly manufacturing power termination, electrical connectors, and wiring harness solutions in the USA since 1946. Founded as Zimco Metal Products in April 1946, the company operated primarily as a contract manufacturer, producing miscellaneous metal stampings and assemblies. In 1954, the company changed its focus to producing primarily electrical switches, wiring harnesses, and terminal boards. As Elec-Tron’s reputation for quality and timely delivery grew, the company began serving most major appliance manufacturers in the U.S. and abroad.
Elec-Tron is now a supplier to major Aerospace, Appliance, Automotive, Electrical Distribution, HVAC, and Military OEMs. Inhouse component and assembly manufacturing, drive the production and delivery of over 10,000,000 products annually to more than 300 unique customers. All components are UL and CSA recognized.
Elec-Tron boasts a diverse customer base, providing primarily high temperature connectors and power connections.
- HVAC: Furnaces, air conditioners, thermostat connections
- Appliances: Ovens, ranges, refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, washers, dryers
- Commercial food and kitchen equipment, vending machines
- Automotive: Recreational vehicles, farm equipment, marine applications
- Industrial Applications: Material handling equipment, automatic door and gate openers, and other motor control applications
- Military applications